Sunday, March 4, 2012

What data or calculations are used to project a stock future price?

I have looked on several financial/investment websites and in at least two instances a stock that I currently hold for a small cap company is projected to increase by a factor of 176% over the next twelve months. What data and/or calculations do the analysts use to make this estimate or projection?What data or calculations are used to project a stock future price?
If the analyst is a fundamental advisor, s/he is likely looking at future cash flows. Those are dependent on the competitive landscape, current management, projected future sales, and the overall path of the US and global economy.



Take a look at this link.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental鈥?/a>



If it's a small cap, see if S%26amp;P or ValueLine follow it. I prefer using them rather than other analysts' reports as I think they are a tad bit more objective.



If it's a technical analyst (AKA chartist), it is based on the sales prices and volumes of the prior period (may be 3 days, 50 days, or almost any other number of days.



http://www.investopedia.com/university/t鈥?/a>



There's nothing wrong with technical analysis, IMHO. I use to determine buy and sell prices myself, but I use it in conjunction with fundamental analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment