Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do I transfer my data from a broken computer to a new one?

Okay I have a broken computer but I'm going to get a new one so I want to transfer all of my data from the hard drive. How do I do it? What do I disconnect or connect? By the way is a compac win xp home edition (I know it's old)

ps:I'm doing this from my iPhoneHow do I transfer my data from a broken computer to a new one?
Hello Vincete, you can use a drive cloner or you can buy software to transfer the data, i will give you some links below. you can also get a piece of hardware to adapt your old hard drive into a ext drive for either permanent or just to transfer the files you need.



here is a link to a UBD ulitmate boot disk, and a link to an online store to buy the cable to hook up the hard drive to your new computer.



http://ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/鈥?/a>



Good luck and contact me if you have further questions.How do I transfer my data from a broken computer to a new one?
plug the hard drive into your new computer if the hard drive is good you can copy the data from one drive to the other then format that drive and use it as a second driveHow do I transfer my data from a broken computer to a new one?
So your want to transfer your unbootable desktop data to your new laptop?

You need an external hard drive enclosure (either 3.5in for desktop HDD or 2.5in for laptop HDD) . Disconnect your hard drive and connect it in an external hard drive enclosure and hook up with the USB.

No comments:

Post a Comment