Saturday, February 25, 2012

What kind of data can be used in testing the strength of geodesic domes made of toothpicks?

I am doing a science project, and I made 3 geodesic domes made of toothpicks. I need to collect data from testing the strength of each dome. I am going to tie a string from the very tip of the dome and place pennies on it till the dome breaks. The data i will get from this is the mass of pennies it wil take to break each dome. But I also need some other data. what other data can i collect when testing the domes?What kind of data can be used in testing the strength of geodesic domes made of toothpicks?
You can measure the deflection ie how much does the top sag at failure.

How much does each weigh and whats the strength to weight ratio for different types, therefore most economical.

No comments:

Post a Comment