Saturday, February 25, 2012

How do you copy data from one worksheet to another on Excel?

I have some data e-mailed to me on one workbook on 3 different worksheets. This is my first time using Excel so I have no clue what I'm doing. I have 3 columns on each that I need to copy to one new worksheet, but the values aren't manually entered, they are by formula, so I get a reference error if I just try to copy them. How can I get the data all onto one worksheet?How do you copy data from one worksheet to another on Excel?
You have two choices.



1) Copy, then Paste special-%26gt; Values. This will copy over the values and remove the formulas (permanently). Paste special can be found on the Edit menu in Excel 2003.



2) Change the formulas on the new w/sheet to reflect the new position of the data. You can often change one cell, then drag it down and across. For instance if your cell says =Sheet1!A1, remove the Sheet1! so it says =A1, then drag the formula down and/or across. But this only works if all your formulas have the same format. Otherwise it's a tedious manual task.How do you copy data from one worksheet to another on Excel?
Instead of just paste. You choose paste special.
  • vegan diet
  • rumor touch
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment