Saturday, February 25, 2012

Will a metal roof interfere with streaming videos on my iPhone?

I bought the iPhone 4 with unlimited data from Sprint. I tried streaming video at work, but nothing would come through. I tried it at home (15 miles away) and it worked there. I was not logged into an wifi at either location. I heard that a metal roof can interfere with streaming video is that what is happening?Will a metal roof interfere with streaming videos on my iPhone?
Anytime you are in a steel structure or one that has metal in it and that metal is connected securely to ground, you are standing in what is called a Faraday cage that will block radio signals. If you roof is tied securely to ground, it will block direct signals that would go through a wood roof. These signals would have to be reflected through the side of the building to get to you. Try this experiment, take a look at your signal strength in the middle of the building and watch it as you get closer to the window. The closer to the window, the better your signal strength should be.
  • trade in value
  • travel trailers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment