Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the meaning of this sentence?

When I used to go to him for advice, he always said that I overanalyzed everything and didn’t trust my instincts enough. Should I go to one of the ancient universities on Earth for the prestige, or take the full scholarship offered by a scrappy no-name upstart in the Rim? “Go with your gut.” Should I switch my major to AeroAstro because spacefaring jobs paid better or stick with Terraforming because I liked living with gravity? “Go with your gut.”

—He does not sound very helpful.

Actually, just talking to him often got me to see things in a different light, and then the right decision would seem obvious. He used to tease me by saying that with me, he never had to worry about boys because I always wanted more data about how I felt, and . . .





what is the meaning of " with me, he never had to worry about boys because I always wanted more data about how I felt, and . . . " ?What is the meaning of this sentence?
It sounds like he likes you for who you are....a very analytical, serious student. He is also relieved that because data seems to be a priority in your life, you will probably not be flirting with the boys. Therefore, he feels confident that you two will eventually be together.What is the meaning of this sentence?
If the person he referring to is a girl, it sounds like he doesn't have to worry about that girl when it comes to boys because he trust her judgment. He knows that she is reasonable enought not to be fooled by boys because she will study the boy until she know him enough to make any decision concerning that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment